Early universe cosmology
- Given the transferfunction, derive the form of the power spectrum in the Harrison-Zel'dovich-Peebles theory. Discuss the influence of the cosmological parameters on the spectrum. (I don't recall which specifically)
- Derive the realtion between the CMB temperature and the temperature of the neutrino background radiation
- Calculate and discuss the deuterium number density when it falls out of equilibrium
Question 3) (Homework)
- Proof that the existence of a Big Bang if the SEC is satisfied. How does Quantum Cosmology solve this problem?
- Discuss the influence of reionisation. (Don't recall exactly what he asked, its the part about reionisation in Lesgourges)
Question 5) (Homework)
- Derive the identity (6.113) from Dodelson (The identity was given)
- Extra: discuss the spectral indices. (I recall deriving them using the previous identity)
- Find the solution of the Meszaros equation. Discuss the Harrison-Zel'dovich-Peebles spectrum.
Craps Question 2)
- Derive the identities for the inflation parameters in a slow roll potential. (The identities that relate the parameters (\epsilon, \eta) with the potential V)
- Discuss cosmic variance